Why Study at AGA
Accessible Location & Facilities
Apollo Global Academy (AGA) is situated conveniently at 3 Shan Road, S328104. A mere few minutes from the heart of Orchard Road, food choices are aplenty here at Balestier. Nearby transport services include a bus stop 5 minutes away from the training centre with various bus routes, as well as the Novena MRT train station (NS-20) located at Novena Square.
The training centre is furnished with the latest, current equipment in Security System Technology. At AGA, the class size is kept at an average of 14 learners to ensure the optimal trainer to learner ratio and adequate resources to present a comprehensive and personalised experience for each learner.
Range of Facilities available for the learner:
- Spacious Classrooms
- Well-equipped Workstations for Practical
- Large Presentation & Demonstration Space
- Dedicated Library Area
- Pantry & Rest Area
- Accessible Wireless Internet Connection
Lesson Approach & Materials
Developed in partnership with educators, employers and government authorities, AGA’s Security Systems Engineering qualifications offer a flexible pathway – combining knowledge, skills and real-life application – enabling learners to progress to higher education or employment.
AGA courseware draws on our staff’s many years of project experience in providing design, installation and maintenance of integrated engineering and security-related services.
Each module is crafted with a unique blend of:
- classroom-based lectures,
- comprehensive course material,
- real-world activities,
- hands-on practice using current equipment and resources,
in so providing learners with the opportunity to put essential theory into practice, whilst developing a vested interest in them to serve in such roles in the workplace.
AGA trainers comprise of a carefully-selected group of certified and seasoned adult educators with a deep understanding on learning methodology and pedagogy and a strong grasp in the subjects within Security Systems Engineering.
The AGA trainer applies the principles of adult learning to the whole course process: from course development to instruction and assessing of course material. Such application guarantees the maximum transfer of knowledge and skills to the learner.
Whilst delivering the qualification, the trainer also brings in the element of relevant, practical experience into the classroom to engage learners. This is done via the leveraging on numerous successful SMART technology projects implemented by Fonda group of companies as well as the wealth of experience of the trainer.
Choosing a Pearson BTEC Qualification
- A BTEC is a career-focused qualification and internationally-recognised in over 70 countries worldwide.
- Developed in partnership with educators, employers and governments, BTECs offers a flexible pathway – combining knowledge, skills and real-life application – enabling learners to progress to higher education or employment.
- With its ‘learn by doing’ principle, a BTEC learner is given the opportunity to practice what is learnt straight away. This allows for a focus and development of valuable employability skills a learner will use throughout his or her future career as well as for progression to higher education.
With employers looking for a blend of academic and skills-based qualifications in potential employees, a BTEC learner will be kick-starting his or her career in the very best way possible – with a world-class qualification respected by employers.
Every learner that takes up a BTEC course at AGA will receive an official Pearson certificate upon completion of the course. A BTEC learner may use BTEC as a ticket to progress to higher education studies, right up to the final year of an undergraduate degree in selected universities.